Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014   #1209
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51147 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
fixed

I'm sorry, regardless of what I think of his ability. I can't take a grown man who calls himself "Johnny" seriously. There's a time in point where Timmy needs to become Tim, Teddy needs to become Ted, and Johnny needs to become John.

It may sound silly, but let's say we do draft him and he is a great success and has a long career... when he's pushing 40 are we still going to call him Johnny, or "Johnny football"?
People didn't ever stop calling this QB Joe Willie Namath. It faded over time but it never went away.