View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014   #199
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 114917 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?!

I think Bridgewater is the clearcut #1 at this point. He isn't an elite prospect like Luck or Manning coming out, but I would say he's in the Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers, David Carr range (yes I know two of them were busts, it has nothing to do with the scouting process). He's smart, reads defenses extremely well, uses all of his receivers and goes through his progressions, has a strong arm, great footwork, quick release, great accuracy in the pocket or on the move, ran a pro style offense, and has great poise under pressure (among the best blitz beaters in college), great pocket presence and a high character type. There just isn't much to knock the guy for except size.

After him by a good margin is Derek Carr. He's the elite physical prospect in this class with the big gun, size and athleticism. Lazer Rocket Arm, good accuracy, experienced, makes good pre-snap adjustments after reading the defense, good football IQ and is a student of the game. Mostly played out of the shotgun and struggles when pressured.

I wouldn't look at the other QB prospects in the top 10. Manziel has the character of a turd, a wimpy arm, and his style of football is going to get him broken in half by the end of his first NFL game.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote