View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014   #560
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
My biggest issue is for the last two years, the people here who watch college football have been telling us there isn't a QB in this draft worth the #1 overall pick. Now that we have the #1 overall, all of a sudden there's this one guy & only one guy. The other QBs aren't worth a top 5 pick. Maybe not even top 10.

Just sounds fishy to me.

So I've done what little research I do... watched several Bridgewater highlights, watched several Bridgewater vs So&So clips on youtube where all they show you are his dropbacks against certain teams. I watched the Russell athletic bowl.

& I don't see a #1 overall QB. For me it starts with size. If he's not 6'5" 220-230, I start looking for the ways he compensates for that. His motion is not fluid, neither his drop backs, nor his throwing motion. His footwork is alright... not exceptional & from what I'm seeing, he's got two, maybe three reads (I'm counting reads before he starts ad libing).

Then off-schedule, he's good. Pretty good. Not great. He keeps his eyes downfield, his arm is strong enough to allow him to make all kinds of throws... but, for me, not enough to compensate for his size.

& normally I'm not too rigid on size, but this guy isn't even 200lbs. He might be 210 or 215 at the combine, but I'm talking about now. But he's still going to have to work on his footwork (dropbacks), he's still going to have to work on his mechanics (he holds the ball around his chest then jerks it to his ear, then draws back to get ready to throw, almost like a double clutch), he's still going to have to work on his reads (needs to be in sync with his feet).

He might have a headstart on someone like Manziel as far as playing in a pro offense (not Johnny's fault they don't play a pro offense at A&M), but Manziel's offschedule ability & fluid throwing motion narrows the gap quite a bit.

T-skyss i love u dawg.....but this whole post is...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote