View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014   #550
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That's not the point. Jacksonville, Tennessee, & Minnesota all needed QBs. That need made them make an unwise choice & select a QB where they could have had a much better player & still got their QB later in the draft.

I don't have a problem drafting Teddy Bridgewater. He may very well be the best QB in this draft, but that doesn't make him the best player in this draft & just because we need a QB doesn't change that.

It would be like the Jets drafting Ej Manuel at 9 when he didn't have a first round grade, passing on a much more talented player. Instead, they got a guy who could help their team & still got a QB with just as much a chance to become a franchise QB as Ej Manuel.

The problem is that now that we have the #1 pick & everybody knows we need a QB, all the reports are going to come out that Bridgewater is the best talent in this draft when that wasn't the case before.

Best QB in the draft? He may very well be. The only one that will be successful in the NLF? Doubt it. The best talent in this draft? I don't think so.
What have you seen to say he's not just the best qb,but the best talent? I'll wait.