View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014   #549
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post

If we are gonna point out unsuccessful QBs in the first round should we also make a meaningless list of successful ones? What are you trying to do here? Trying to compare Teddy to any of the above QBs is not very "smart" to me.
That's not the point. Jacksonville, Tennessee, & Minnesota all needed QBs. That need made them make an unwise choice & select a QB where they could have had a much better player & still got their QB later in the draft.

I don't have a problem drafting Teddy Bridgewater. He may very well be the best QB in this draft, but that doesn't make him the best player in this draft & just because we need a QB doesn't change that.

It would be like the Jets drafting Ej Manuel at 9 when he didn't have a first round grade, passing on a much more talented player. Instead, they got a guy who could help their team & still got a QB with just as much a chance to become a franchise QB as Ej Manuel.

The problem is that now that we have the #1 pick & everybody knows we need a QB, all the reports are going to come out that Bridgewater is the best talent in this draft when that wasn't the case before.

Best QB in the draft? He may very well be. The only one that will be successful in the NLF? Doubt it. The best talent in this draft? I don't think so.