View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014   #542
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Early 2013:
Draftnik: the 2013 QBs all suck. Wait. until 2014, it will be awesome. Bridgewater, Manziel, Mariota, McCarreon, Murray, Boyd.

Fan: OK, sounds good. We only have pick 27 this year anyway.
I think they got it right. Lots of good looking QBs in this draft, but no "Luck"

By saying no "Luck" to me their saying no clear cut otta be #1 overall pick... I mean last year when they said that, who'd've thunk we'd have the first overall pick?

The thinking was that we could get McCarron, Boyd, Murray @ 25 or later. From what little bit I've seen, that's what we should do. Take an elite talent with that #1 overall. Let the Jags or the Browns take Bridgewater. We can trade back into the first to get Boyd or Mettenberger.

Or trade down, get Marriota or Manziel, & another pick in the second (which can be used to turn your second into a mid first).

If Bridgewater turns into the next Rogers.... whoops. But I'm willing to bet that he won't any more than Marriota or Manziel will turn into the next Kaepernick, or Mettenberger the next Rivers. If Mettenberger would be the clear cut #1 if not for his injury... then that is definitely who we should be going after.