View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014   #541
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
If I put armed guards outside of a box containing a pile of ******, That pile of ****** is going to be safe. But at the end of the day, why am I spending the money on armed guards to protect that pile?

I hear you and this is what I say to that. The best RT in the draft will add ZERO W's in the W/L column. You can't keep sinking high draft picks into the OLB position EVERY year. I don't want Clowney because I can't picture a scenario where he and Watt are both Texans in 5 years, but he's the ONLY guy I understand us taking if we don't take who I want.

The most glaring hole on this Texans team is what the #1 pick has the perfect ability to mend. Quarterback. Quarterback. Quarterback. And TB happens to be the best one IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
Kansas DL, if everyone is healthy, is pretty friggin stacked. You could even say their entire defense is great. You could also say their OL is at least decent. They have an excellent run game, but does anyone rage about the Chiefs? Nope.
Actually, everyone believes the Chiefs are pretty much a QB away from being serious Super Bowl contenders. That illustrates the two philosophies - take a QB when the team around him is not good, or take one after you've built a core to support him and speed his development. Obviously, there are degrees in the middle. I am on board with taking a QB if he's the BPA available (or a virtual tie with the BPA). If the team around him sucks, he's not going to be successful. Similarly, if the team is great and the QB sucks, the team is going nowhere. I know people like to say the Texans are a QB away from being good, but I don't buy it. They have maybe 4 players on defense that are good, and one of them can't stay on the field. They have maybe four good players on offense, one of whom didn't stay on the field this year.

That's not to say they can't build both in this draft. I don't think the OL is that far away, if they completely ditch Newton, Wade Smith, and don't hand a job to Ben Jones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
As you know I have pushed Nix for two years but his recent surgery and possible future problems with all that weight on his wheels made me move him from my board. Another hesitation I've had on posting new mock is O'brien's unknown defensive choice. If we move from 3-4 I want to change my 4th round pick from a nose and probably my ILB choice from Smallwood to maybe a Skov type.
Yeah, the Nix mention is assuming the Texans stay with a 3-4. I just really want that badass NT in the middle to do to opponents' interior line what badass NTs do to our interior line.