View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014   #538
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 225538 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
Just for those who want it here is an updated report from Bucky Brooks on Bridgewater published earlier today (there was a link to one he wrote following his game against Rutgers last year and someone else posted a snippet from this article).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...reat-qb-in-nfl

Personally I like Teddy at 1-1 but I am also intrigued with Bortles and Manziel. Heck, if our guys come to the conclusion that they don't like any of the QBs, which I don't believe will be the case, I love me some Clowney too. Going to be a fun draft season, may the best man win!
I'm in the same sort of boat.

There's no draft pick that's going to make everyone happy. And if it turns out good, it was probably because BOB made the pick and if it turns out bad (or goes a different way than people want), then Smith is going to get blamed. At least, that's what's probably going to happen on this board.

But it's like the selection of the coach, there was no single guy everyone was going to love. I like that we got BOB but he does have warts and he's going to have to prove himself.

I'm going to trust him (and the rest of the FO) to make the right choice here. I don't care if it's Bortles or Bridgewater or Manziel or Matthews or Clowney or Barr or whoever explodes at the combine and the Senior Bowl or whatever. I don't care... as long as they make the right choice and the guy ends up being great.

I'm not going to get married to any particular player. (At least, I'm saying that now. That might change as we get closer to the draft.)

With what I've seen from BOB's QB speech, I'm not going to worry if the guy is short or if his arm isn't outrageously strong. He wants someone who's accurate and who's smart and makes correct decisions quickly. At this point, I don't know who that guy is. It MIGHT be TB... it might be someone else.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote