View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014   #529
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
If you don't see how better protection for your QB or worse protection for the opponent's QB would greatly improve the team, I'm not sure there's much I can say to you. I understand the desire to gamble, though.
If I put armed guards outside of a box containing a pile of ******, That pile of ****** is going to be safe. But at the end of the day, why am I spending the money on armed guards to protect that pile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I like Bridgewater at #1. Y'all know that. I've said why I like him.

Can someone who disagrees please just tell me what it is that they don't like besides that they just don't think he is worth the top pick? Please? That's the only thing I ever see. What is it that you see that makes you think that?

We all have differing opinions from time to time. There are a lot of posters on here who have opinions that I respect, even when we disagree. I just wish somebody would give me something beyond "he just isn't worth the top pick" or "he's the third best QB". Why is he the third best? Who is better and why?

This thread has just become pro Bridgewater folks and anti Bridgewater folks throwing rocks at each other.
Agree, it's getting petty. I think it's really funny though. These Rico and E fights are hilarious. I personally feel that most of the hate comes from A&M AKA Manziel fans. They know in their heart of hearts that Johny will be the greatest QB to ever play in the NFL the same way UT fans felt about Vince Young. But since John Football isn't being mentioned as the top QB they go out of their way to discredit all the other competition.

Just my 2 cents from seeing EVERYONE that is destroying TB praising the Shoot out of John F in the Manziel thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I think there are better prospects at their respective positions than Bridgewater. Even if I thought Bridgewater was the best QB prospect in this draft, I don't think he's a better QB prospect than Barr is a pass rush OLB prospect, for example. I don't think he's a better QB prospect than Matthews is a tackle prospect, for example.

JMO, as alway, but I am a BPA guy.
I hear you and this is what I say to that. The best RT in the draft will add ZERO W's in the W/L column. You can't keep sinking high draft picks into the OLB position EVERY year. I don't want Clowney because I can't picture a scenario where he and Watt are both Texans in 5 years, but he's the ONLY guy I understand us taking if we don't take who I want.

The most glaring hole on this Texans team is what the #1 pick has the perfect ability to mend. Quarterback. Quarterback. Quarterback. And TB happens to be the best one IMO.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote