View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014   #523
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I think there are better prospects at their respective positions than Bridgewater. Even if I thought Bridgewater was the best QB prospect in this draft, I don't think he's a better QB prospect than Barr is a pass rush OLB prospect, for example. I don't think he's a better QB prospect than Matthews is a tackle prospect, for example.
I can respect this reasoning.

Quote:
So really, it boils down to two types of people, to me - those who think he is a better QB prospect than those guys are prospects at their positions, and those who think Bridgewater has to be the pick just because he's the best QB and the Texans need a QB.
I reject this as well, as it almost always leads to exactly what you describe below.

Quote:
Personally, I absolutely reject the latter argument. If someone thinks that Bridgewater is the #1 prospect in the draft irrespective of position, we can have that debate, and I'm open to hearing it. But for people who are hung up on the position, I just think that's a way to set your franchise back 4 years. I still am haunted by David Carr, sorry. The worst thing that can happen is you draft a guy like David Carr or Alex Smith and spend years trying to figure out how much is him, how much is coaching, how much is the OL, how much is scheme, etc. It's better to get JaMarcus Russell. Then at least you know to cut your losses and move on. Of course, it's best to get a franchise guy.

JMO, as alway, but I am a BPA guy.
I understand the argument that you like a different player more. The one thing I just haven't been able to process is the people who are so critical of Bridgewater but never give any indication as to why. It's basically just that he isn't worth the #1 pick, because I said so.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote