View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014   #521
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
What is so wrong with Mario Williams? The guy just had another solid season with 13 sacks for the Bills and made his third pro bowl. He's also a two-time all pro. I wish we had the salary cap space to keep him a few off-seasons ago and maybe our defense wouldn't be so bad.
How many playoff games did we win with him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
You sound like Jacksonville (Leftwich & Gabbert), Tennesee (Vince & Locker), & Minnesota (Ponder).

I have no problem gambling on a first round QB, but we've got to be smart about it.

Well before this draft "we" stated there was no QB worthy of the #1 pick, there was no "Luck" in this draft. But since we've been a lock for the #1 pick, all of a sudden Teddy Bridgewater is, & Boyd isn't worth a 1st round pick.

That doesn't sound very "smart" to me.
If we are gonna point out unsuccessful QBs in the first round should we also make a meaningless list of successful ones? What are you trying to do here? Trying to compare Teddy to any of the above QBs is not very "smart" to me.

I can google names of 5 terrible defensive ends that were drafted too high and throw it in a Clowney thread as well. I won't though, because it's dumb and serves no function.

I am not part of your "we" either. When Matt Schaub decided to throw more TDs to the other team and Case Keenum proved he's not an NFL QB, I began searching for the best QB to draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
That is EXACTLY why they crap on him. If the Texans had the 8th pick these guys would be having a connipition fit at the thought that the Texans wouldn't trade up to get him.

Early 2013:
Draftnik: the 2013 QBs all suck. Wait. until 2014, it will be awesome. Bridgewater, Manziel, Mariota, McCarreon, Murray, Boyd.

Fan: OK, sounds good. We only have pick 27 this year anyway.

Early 2014:
Draftnik: the 2014 QBs all suck. Wait until 2015. Winston, Petty, Hundley.
Fan: But we have the #1 pick this year! And Hundley can come out this year!
Draftnik: Hundley will suck if he comes out this year, but be awesome next year. Same for Bridgewater, Manziel, Mariota.
Fan: So we need to draft a RT and go 2-14 again?
Draftnik: of course.

Early 2015:
Draftnik: all the 2015 QBs suck. Wait til 2016. No screw that. This 7th grader in Bumville looks good, wait until 2023.
Fan: Errr, thanks for all the great info. Now I am going to jump in a time machine and go back to 2014 and use the #1 pick on Teddy Bridgewater.
Draftnik: No! You fool! I had him rated 0.0000001 lower than Matthews!!!!!

He's probably not 6'3" but I bet he is 3" taller than 6'0" Manziel.
LOL! Had to rep you, I haven't laughed that hard at a post in a while.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote