View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014   #520
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 222419 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I like Bridgewater at #1. Y'all know that. I've said why I like him.

Can someone who disagrees please just tell me what it is that they don't like besides that they just don't think he is worth the top pick? Please? That's the only thing I ever see. What is it that you see that makes you think that?

We all have differing opinions from time to time. There are a lot of posters on here who have opinions that I respect, even when we disagree. I just wish somebody would give me something beyond "he just isn't worth the top pick" or "he's the third best QB". Why is he the third best? Who is better and why?

This thread has just become pro Bridgewater folks and anti Bridgewater folks throwing rocks at each other.
I think there are better prospects at their respective positions than Bridgewater. Even if I thought Bridgewater was the best QB prospect in this draft, I don't think he's a better QB prospect than Barr is a pass rush OLB prospect, for example. I don't think he's a better QB prospect than Matthews is a tackle prospect, for example. So really, it boils down to two types of people, to me - those who think he is a better QB prospect than those guys are prospects at their positions, and those who think Bridgewater has to be the pick just because he's the best QB and the Texans need a QB. Personally, I absolutely reject the latter argument. If someone thinks that Bridgewater is the #1 prospect in the draft irrespective of position, we can have that debate, and I'm open to hearing it. But for people who are hung up on the position, I just think that's a way to set your franchise back 4 years. I still am haunted by David Carr, sorry. The worst thing that can happen is you draft a guy like David Carr or Alex Smith and spend years trying to figure out how much is him, how much is coaching, how much is the OL, how much is scheme, etc. It's better to get JaMarcus Russell. Then at least you know to cut your losses and move on. Of course, it's best to get a franchise guy.

JMO, as alway, but I am a BPA guy.