View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014   #137
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
No matter what Jake Matthews or any guy who will play RT for us is not worth a first round pick at all much less the first overall. Find a guy to compete with Newton and the rest in the 2nd or 3rd at earliest.
What if we switch to a more traditional power run game? What if Duane Brown isn't good enough outside the ZBS? What if O'Brien already "knows" that?

So instead of drafting a RT, he's looking to draft a "better" LT?

I like Brown, but he's not the best guy to ever play the position. He had a down year in 2013, what if that's as good as it gets from here out? For some medical reason...

I understand we just signed him to a bunch of money, but starting him at LT because we paid him a lot of money is the same folly as starting Schaub because we paid him a lot of money.

I'm not saying that Jake Matthews or Taylor Lewan can beat out Duane Brown. But if they can, it improves our OL a lot better than just an upgrade at RT. We'll dominate at the point of attack.

Then we draft a Brees, Dalton, Kaepernick, or Wilson in the second which is just as likely as drafting the next Rogers, Roethlisberger, or Rivers in the first.