View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014   #122
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borowicz50 View Post
I personally like the idea of taking OT Jake Matthews tackle from Texas A&M & solidifying the offensive line which was another big problem this year. He can begin life as the RT & when Duane Brown gets older or begins to break down can eventually take over that slot & they would switch at that point.

This would enable us to take a QB in the second round basically best available but he will have a solid line in front of him that will aid in the running & passing game as opposed to picking a QB in the first round & then having no run game on the right side nor protection either.

I would be fine with the QBs looking to go in the second round such as A.J. McCarron or someone who may slip out of the first round. This type of philosophy sets up better in all facets as our running backs & QB are better & we may even consider trading a 3rd rounder to Washington for Kirk Cousins. We have tons of options but I feel the safer pick & the best for any team is to always develop the offensive & defensive lines. Jadavian Clowney is great but too many off the field issues & a lack of motor on the field makes him feel less JJ Watt more Mario Williams.

my 2 cents
No matter what Jake Matthews or any guy who will play RT for us is not worth a first round pick at all much less the first overall. Find a guy to compete with Newton and the rest in the 2nd or 3rd at earliest.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote