View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013   #839
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290332 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New HC candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
That's impressive!

I was joking.

Back in the mid-70's, when I was 14-15 and I'd learned several guitar solos (Stairway, Jessica, etc.), I made a vow that I wouldn't learn any more guitar solos because I didn't want my style overly influenced by other players. I was a huge Frank Zappa, Bill Nelson, and John McLaughlin freak at the time.

But I listened to some songs (especially Mahavishnu Orchestra) so much that what I "hear" and try to translate to the fretboard is extremely influenced by McLaughlin. I never sat down and picked the solos off the albums, though.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote