View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013   #438
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Proper mechanics would have got him sandwiched and sacked for a 6-10 yard loss. He avoided the sack, avoided a big hit, got the ball out while still looking down field and avoiding all this pressure, found an open receiver for a TD.

Yet you still find flaw in this play? Be honest with yourself. You hate Teddy B and will hate him no matter what. You likely love A&M and won't enjoy any other scenario that doesn't have us with an Aggie in the first round (Matthews or John F). Derek Newton sucks, yes, but a 4th round pick (he was a 7th) would still be more than enough of an upgrade not to waste your most important pick in years.

As a UH alumni and proud Cougar I finally got my dream this year with Case Keenum as the starting QB of the Texans. I kind of wish I could have continued being naive at this point.
I've thought that Teddy B would be the best QB in this draft class since his bowl game last season. I like the way he throws the ball, uses the pocket, and his ball placement.

That throw is more akin to Manziel than it is to Bridgewater, and at the college level sure it works. But if your QB's mechanics break down like that, then that is not a good pass, and for what it's worth his mechanics look awful in that one particular throw. All of the other highlights I'm perfectly fine with and are great throws at the college and NFL levels. Just not that particular one.