View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013   #434
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 288753 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Proper mechanics would have got him sandwiched and sacked for a 6-10 yard loss. He avoided the sack, avoided a big hit, got the ball out while still looking down field and avoiding all this pressure, found an open receiver for a TD.

Yet you still find flaw in this play? Be honest with yourself. You hate Teddy B and will hate him no matter what.
Just being honest. Kid threw the ball off his back foot. I don't have an issue with that as much as some, because it happens all the time in the NFL. The 11 guys on the other side of the ball get paid to make the QB do things he's not supposed to & a lot of them (JJ Watt) are pretty good at it.

He threw it off his back foot & still had enough arm to get a lot of air under that ball & the ball travels something like 40 yards down the field.

What I do have an issue with, is that the play was designed as a double move & Bridgewater didn't look at any other route. Had he rather stayed in the pocket & took a hit while trying to get the ball to one of the other two routes... I'd have more respect for his toughness & ability to read a defense.

What I don't understand is how guys will drop their shorts & are ready to have Bridgewater's baby after seeing a play like that, but hate on Johnny Manziel who makes that play look effortless.