View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013   #81
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
First bolded: DAYUM, how long does it take then TK?
They're just excuses, but Cutler has had some pretty good ones to explain why we haven't seen the best of Jay Cutler. I don't think he's ever had the same offensive coordinator for more than 2 years. He's been injured a lot. Chicago thought Devon Hester was a WR for a long time.

I don't believe Cutler can be a franchise QB, but I wouldn't be surprised & actually expect him to think that he can. But anyone who thinks we can't win with Cutler is trying to sell you something. They're afraid signing Cutler means we won't draft Bridgewater, or Bortles; that we'll miss on a franchise QB.

I'm saying we don't know that any of those guys will be a franchise QB. I'd be fine if the Texans pass on this class & targets one next year. At the same time, I'd be upset if they pass this year & next, or if their plan didn't work out & they couldn't position themselves next year to get a possible franchise guy.

Seattle didn't draft Russell Wilson expecting him to lead them to the play-offs, they signed Matt Flynn for that. San Francisco didn't draft Kaepernick with the expectation that he would take them to the NFC Championship game the following year. That was Alex Smith (who did the same thing the year before). The Colts weren't expecting to make the play-offs with Luck in his first season. Neither were the Redskins with Luck. They weren't expecting to win much at all.

If we don't hire a veteran QB who has won a number of games in the past; Cutler, Freeman, Flynn, Mallet.... then we're putting all our hopes in the "Bridgewater (or whoever) basket", content with the possibility that we'll have a losing season, or for some godforsaken reason think Case Keenum can win an NFL game.

I want a vet QB & a first/early second QB. If the Texans decide not to go that way, I'll pump the sunshine during the season, find some way to spin it.... but let it be known, right now I do not think it's conducive to winning & I won't think Bob, BO'b, or Smith are serious about winning.