View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013   #429
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
lol, hardly impossible bro. Working the pocket finds you lanes. Ask Rivers if it's been impossible for him to be a pocket passer. Stafford throws side arm quite a bit too.

While we praise Kyle Orton's high release point he got the ball batted down by Conner Barwin on a crucial 4th and short last night with 3 mins left. I thought of this in like 10 seconds off the top of my head, if I did research I could find a plethora or guys doing the "impossible".

Johnny M has sick talent, no one can deny it, he's got a few basic things working against him though.

1st and foremost is his height. We've had 2 exceptions to the rule in the last 10 years in Brees and Wilson (and I personally feel we've crowned Wilson far too early).

Why don't Texas Tech QBs ever get drafted early and succeed in the NFL? The system they come from. Don't forget Kevin Sumlin came from Texas Tech and implements a similar system in A&M. Despite what everyone believes A&M isn't SEC Football, they are still just a Big 12 team playing in the SEC.

You might recall a short gun-slinger that Sumlin coached right before Johnny Football, his name was Case Keenum. I think Johnny could win in the NFL, it's not crazy to believe it, but these are some of the knocks he has against him. In the new NFL no QBs get sat anymore unless they are playing behind a legend or not good enough to start.
They are saying Bridgewater is "too short by NFL standards" so that whole "height" knock is simply BS. In this day and age of the spread offense and playing from the shotgun, height has nothing to do with success...

Oh and Sumlin was never at Texas Tech, ever. He was an assistant at TAMU, went to Oklahoma, The HC at Houston then on the TAMU.

Reason the Tech QBs never worked out is because they were ahead of their time in the traditional NFL. They were running offense that Chip Kelley is running now in the NFL. Had that type of offense been implemented during the hey day of the Tech QB, they could have flourished.

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote