View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013   #72
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Colt McCoy is a broken QB at this point. Watched him twice in the preseason and he was terrible. Josh Freeman would be an interesting guy for to work with if his mind is right. Josh McCown and Chad Henne are 2 guys I wouldn't be just too upset with.

We're drafting a QB of the future. Whatever guy that comes in off the street at QB has to understand that the youngster may start from day 1 and be cool with it.
The way I'm looking at it is I'm trying to find our next starter & possibly franchise QB. We don't have a starter right now & though it would be nice to have a franchise QB, finding one in this draft is just as likely as finding one in last year's draft, or the 2011 draft.

In the event that Bridgewater is not a franchise QB, or even a starter, we're not totally screwed. Say we find out Cutler has 3 good years left in him. Or Freeman figured it out. Or... that Case isn't a lost cause.

I want three reasonable attempts at finding starter, one good attempt at finding a franchise QB. If they determine Bridgewater is a franchise guy, but isn't ready to start, but Colt (not that I think we should start Colt, but guys like Cutler, Freeman, McCown, & Flynn have shown they can) is, then the powers that be need to determine the best course of action to develop our franchise QB & win at the same time.

Was the Chargers mistake choosing Rivers over Brees? Or choosing Norv over Tomlin, Payton, McCarthy, Coughlin (not that they had a shot at him) or Harbaugh (not that they had a shot at him). It's more likely, in my mind, that one of those coaches would have won a Super Bowl in San Diego by now with Rivers, than Brees winning one with Norv Turner.

The Titans, Jags, & Vikings... their problem was trying to turn Locker, Gabbert, & Ponder into something they're not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I don't know where the Manziel stuff is coming from. Enjoy watching him, but I can't see him here.
None of the QBs mentioned so far fit the mold of what is considered a "franchise" QB. Johnny, imo, is the only one who offers the play-making ability to offset his shortcomings... but, again- in my mind - not enough to warrant the #1 overall selection. Not enough to pass on legitimate elite talent.