View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I don't think Cutler is doable; it will make it very hard to resign Watt down the road.
He will want at least a two-year contract with quite a bit in guaranteed money up front.
He's a 30 year old QB trying to sell his potential. He's not going to get "quite a bit" up front. No one is going to sign him as their starter for more than 2 years.

I think a fair offer would be 2 years, $25M guaranteed. I'd give him a $5M signing bonus, $5M salary, a roster bonus for 2015 & the rest in salary.

We're on the hook for $7.5M this year (that would be his cap number) & $2.5M next year if we cut him & go with Bridgewater, Manziel, Bortles, or whoever from then on.

That would have no effect on signing Watt & we're basically using the money gained by cutting Schaub.

At the most, where ever he goes (unless Chicago really pulls out the stupid) he won't have a cap number over $10M for the 2014 season. But I don't think he'll get that kind of offer. For Jay, this is his last chance to prove he's worth the kind of contract Matt signed 2 years ago.