View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013   #48
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
We've seen the best of Keenum already .... Sorry but if anyone was gonna do anything with Keenum , he's already been shown the door .... Woulda been a great story but .... they aint makin a Hollywood movie outa Keenum's story. He'll stick around as the backup , nothing more.
I definitely don't think we've seen the best of Keenum; however, I still need to reiterate my point: I wanted the Texans to take both Wilson and Keenum that year as insurance policy for one another because of their small stature.

I insisted that Keenum needs to learn to avoid contact as much as possible, like Brees always does.
Wilson has been doing a good job of it, partly because he's quicker and faster, but partly because he's also smart in that way.
Keenum needs to learn to do the same.

The Texans still need another QB, but I'm unsure whether to go with a FA vet or a draft pick, or both.

I'm not sure I want to write off Yates either, but his ceiling seems to be almost there, since Keenum had leapfrogged him.

It's quite likely that Keenum is no more than a backup, but I think I'd like to see more.
There had been QBs that had it rougher than him.
Eli Manning, for example, if you go back and look into his first year.
He won one game, a meaningless game at the end of the season against the Cowboys, a team that was going nowhere, throwing for 144 yards.
Steve Young had a rough going at the beginning.
Bradshaw's numbers were pretty much last in the league, if you add all the major criteria together (compl pct, AYA, TD/Int ratio).
The teams these guys inherited weren't as bad as the Texans.
The Bucs sucked, but I doub!their ST was as bad.

it might well be that the Texans decide to draft a QB with the first pick, then so be it.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote