Thread: Mariota
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013   #17
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Mariota Reconsiders Entering the Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
He has tools. But he is not nearly as NFL ready as Bridgewater or Mettenberger. I would have him rated as the #3 QB in this draft.
You know who else was NFL ready? Kareem Jackson. I know, makes no difference now, but every time I hear that phrase, I cringe.

As for the topic at hand, if you're going to spend a #1 overall pick on a QB, I want the guy who has the tools to be a superstar (especially upstairs). I don't see that in Bridgewater. I mean, he's a nice QB, but I just don't see superstar in his future. I, like anyone else here, could be wrong, of course. But I'd rather have Mariota.

Bridgewater would be the 4th or 5th best QB in next year's draft.