View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaV1 View Post
I'm a big Jay Cutty fan. Dude has brass balls. He's a gunslinger and has the arm to make all the throws in the NFL. I think he gets knocked far too much by the media for his demeanor.

I'd happily take him, but it has to be at the right price...

According to OverTheCap, Jay Cutler's annual salary was just over 14 and a half million a year. This put Cutler as the 11th highest paid quarterback in the league on a yearly basis.

Using that as a benchmark, do you think Cutler is worth $14.7 million a year? Is he really the 11th best quarterback in the league? As big of a fan as I am, I'm not sure he's done enough consistently to merit anything more than what his previous contract was. If I could get him for that same amount, I'll take him for sure. Problem is he's likely going to get paid a bit more than that and as big of a support of Jay as I am, I don't think he's in the top 8 of the league. Top ten, maybe.... Maybe....
I wouldn't consider myself a fan, but I do respect his ability & still believe he's yet to reach his ceiling. I don't think he's going to get a franchise type contract on his next stop, but I'm hoping he believes he is still worth one. Opening him to a one year deal at starting QB money..... which is about $10M.

I've been on record as saying the Texans would be foolish to take a $10M cap hit on Matt Schaub... truth be told, there's still a possibilty that we'll ask him to take a pay cut & he'll be here until our new QB earns the starting roll. But with the fan cheering his injury, booing his return to the game & TPing his house, I hope he demands to be traded/cut.

"the fans" will be pissed if we sign Cutler to a one year $10M deal & we don't win the Super Bowl. They'll be more upset if we don't & we have another losing season.

I think we should draft our QB of the future. If he proves to be a better option than the veteran we sign (Wilson over Flynn) we're the better for it, if we have the right people making that assessment.