View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013   #7
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 NFL Free Agents: Top Players at Every Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Agreed. The only reason to sign Cutler is as a stop gap. So we're not forced to start our young QB.

I hope McNair is truly in win now mode... not willing to accept a losing season in 2014. To me, win now does not start with rookie QB.

That doesn't stop us from drafting a talented QB. It doesn't stop us from drafting Bridgewater. Heck, Bridgewater, Mettenberger, or even David Fales could start if they beat out whoever we sign in training camp, proving that he is ready to start.

I'm not saying that a rookie QB means we won't win in 2014. Luck, RG3, Russell Wilson are examples where that wasn't the case. But signing a veteran QB hedges our bets.
I don't disagree with any of that at all. In my perfect world, we draft Bridgewater and sign Vick to a one year deal, and Vick starts every game without getting hurt. Then we go into the next year with Teddy ready to start.

Problem with my scenario is the same as the Cutler scenario. Neither one of those guys is likely to make it through a full season.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote