View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: 2014 NFL Free Agents: Top Players at Every Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
I wouldn't mind signing Cutler. He can start immediately and thebrookie QB can learn behind him. Cutler played behind one of the worst pass blocking o-lines in the league at a city where QBs go to die. He's got a cannon arm and some wheels to get him out of trouble.
Agreed. The only reason to sign Cutler is as a stop gap. So we're not forced to start our young QB.

I hope McNair is truly in win now mode... not willing to accept a losing season in 2014. To me, win now does not start with rookie QB.

That doesn't stop us from drafting a talented QB. It doesn't stop us from drafting Bridgewater. Heck, Bridgewater, Mettenberger, or even David Fales could start if they beat out whoever we sign in training camp, proving that he is ready to start.

I'm not saying that a rookie QB means we won't win in 2014. Luck, RG3, Russell Wilson are examples where that wasn't the case. But signing a veteran QB hedges our bets.