View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013   #754
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New HC candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
It looks like it will take you 5 more years to figure out Rick Smith true role like it took 5 years to figure out Matt Schaub and David Carr are who they are. Only in Houston...
Your mistake here is believing that people are always the same person.

The Matt Schaub that led the league in passing is a different person than the Matt Schaub that came back after his foot injury. The David Carr that was too scared to throw to anyone was a different guy than the one who was averaging 270 yards per game at the beginning of the 2004 season.

I don't know Rick Smith's true role because I'm not in the meetings, I'm not in the war-room during the drafts, I'm not the one hearing what the owner and coaches are saying. And neither are you. I don't know if Rick Smith should be fired because I don't know which decisions were strictly his and which decisions were ones he got over-ridden on. Bob McNair should know who is responsible for which screw-ups because he was there and he took part.

So I'm willing to wait and see.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote