View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013   #41
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: O'Brien & His Coaching Staffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaV1 View Post
One of the very few times I'll disagree with you on this, because...
I was actually being sarcastic. I've stated many times that this is the way the NFL works. HCs hire their friends, people they know they can work with because they have worked with them in the past. There is usually some connection between coaches & their staffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaV1 View Post

Aside from his staff, Thunderkyss, how do you like O'Brien in general?
I like him. So far the only knock on him is that Belichick's nestlings don't usually do too well when they leave the nest. But he isn't morbidly obese like Weis or Mangini were, so I'm thinking there may be other differences as well. He's not as unexperienced as McDaniels & it may be the homer in me, but I think we have a better organization behind him than what the Broncos had. You don't fire Mike Shanahan & replace him with some kid.

We're not replacing a Mike Shanahan. We're replacing Kubiak.