View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013   #17
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102920 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: O'Brien & His Coaching Staffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I couldn't disagree more. He got great experience coaching with Brady and the preparation that it takes for them to run the great offense they did. Everything they did in that offense was all about preparation and adaptation.

He has the stones of a leader and holds people accountable. He is the anti Kubiak in that regard. I'm super excited for this HC assuming he gets the gig.
I can't help thinking of the bill belichek (sp) coaching tree failures the more I hear about OB and it scares the hell outta me. I think of him as more of an authoritarian manager guiding the ship. In that regard I like what I see...not really the case in an "x's and o's" fashion. I want him only if we can bring along superstar coordinators. McNair needs to flex his will a bit...if you hire OB give him the strongest possible staff around him...from scouts to coordinators to assistants. If your gonna take a chance on an unproven hc at least bring in some proven commodoties in other positions. Mcnair needs to be evaluating the team's power structure or rank and file as well. Has rick smith been spared the chopping block because Kubes had so much say in matters? Wtf? If it is in fact a problem let's fix it. McNair needs to evaluate every reason including himself for a decade worth of failure. Don't assume you fixed anything because Kubes is gone.