View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013   #377
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
It's harder for me to get behind that comparison because of what Rodger's has accomplished in the NFL. He's one of the elite level QB's and he has won a Super Bowl. Wilson is mobile but seems to be more of a pocket passer, which seems to fit Bridgewater. Would I take Russell Wilson 1st overall? Yes, I would.

That's what I originally thought until I watched more highlights and the game vs. Miami. He seemed to have better velocity and accuracy that I first thought.
When did Rus Wil become a pocket passer? 2 seasons throwing less than 400x and rushing about 100. That's hardly a pocket passer. The only thing you will find any further from a pocket passer is Terrell Pryor or Michael Vick in his Falcon's days. Rus Wil is NOT a pocket passer and Teddy B is NOTHING like Rus Wil.

Teddy B is the most perfect Aaron Rodgers prospect I've seen in the last few years. Aaron is athletic, cool under pressure, and uses his legs to buy time to find his play makers down the field once they've got open. That can not be taught and I feel is lost on all these young "athletic" QBs.

Teddy has all the same traits, he maneuvers around the pocket buying time for play makers with little intention to take off for a 4 yard gain like guys like Rus Wil seem to make a living on. Buying time for play makers is a skill that can't be taught and I believe it's probably a top 3 most valuable skill I look for in a QB in the new NFL (untouchable QBs that aren't allowed to be hit until they cross LOS).

Examples of QBs that have recently exhibited this skill set:

Aaron Rodgers (Super Bowl)
Ben Ro (2 Super Bowls)
Joe Flacco (last year, you're damn right he did, and Super Bowl)
Drew Brees (Super Bowl)

As far as size and velocity on ball, these are questions on almost every non qb son coming out of college and the time leading up to the combine puts mass, muscle, and zip on all these 20 year old QBs. Those will all be resolved come combine, I've seen it happen numerous times and doubt this will be any different.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote