View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013   #373
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans interested in Bill O'Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
While I agree with this, I like O'Brien and think/hope he will be a great hire.

Arizona made the right choice by picking Arians over Horton. Even though I think Horton will be a good NFL HC. Arians was NFL COY for a reason and should've been a HC long ago. I wish we could get as sure a thing as Arians, who hire a staff Tom Moore, OC/Todd Bowles, DC. We can only hope O'Brien can hire such quality coorinators. (I've been a big Arians guy for yrs)

I agree with you on Arians. My son and I both said he was the reason Indy was as good as they were last year. Now look at Arizona and what a great job he is doing over there. I'm happy the Colts got Pagano because I don't think he is all that.

As far as O'Brien goes he very well could be an outstanding NFL head coach. My point was that McNair has shown to be extremely patient so why now is he seemingly in such a huge hurry to sign O'Brien after interviewing basically 1 other candidate unless you count Wade Phillips. I'm not saying in any way, shape or form not to hire him or even that he isn't the best coach out there but to at least due your due diligence in your search. It looks like if the reports are true that McNair made up his mind on O'Brien and all other interviews are just for show before an official announcement. Whisenhunt would be the final act of the play before an announcement of O'Brien on monday or Tuesday.