View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013   #84
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61663 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NastyNate's mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Not sure you will try to understand, but...

It is not an analogy.

Precision and accuracy are math and science concepts for evaluating data. Accuracy is a measure of nearness to a known or predicted value. Precision is a measure of repeatability. They can be applied to any data and the data types/sources can be wildly disparate (not analogous to each other). The causes of the inaccuracy or imprecision will naturally be specific to the data source, i.e. the causes of inaccuracy in hitting a golf ball or a baseball will differ but the accuracy of either can be evaluated and similarly precision in each. Data is commonly represented graphically such as on an X-Y graph. A "target" is nothing more than an X-Y graph with circles depicting equidistant points from center axis.

If you don't find the distinction worth discussing, fine, but it exists and is applicable regardless.
Yes I do understand, I always try to err on the side of math and science, primarily because they are usually exact. In this case I think you might be over thinking it. Paralysis by over analysis. This comparison is more of an art than science. You can take 10 QBs of different size and makeup and give them all the same coaching. Teach them the same footwork, release, timing and you will still likely get 10 different completion % and ball placement grades. I'm sure you will disagree.....
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote