View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013   #363
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans interested in Bill O'Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Of course it is not the only reason but it is a big reason. Bellichick has been so successful in New England that NFL owners are wlling to play that lottery even though 4 out of 4 previous hires from that tree have been unsuccessful. We are talking about one of the greatest coaches ever to coach in the NFL. That has to factor in heavily. Sooner or later one of the coaches from the Bellichick tree has to be the 2.0 version one would think.

(CAUTION)

Once I began researching O'Brien, I can't see where he has done a lot besides being an oc in New England to warrant such interest. Everything else has been at the college level and nothing there really stands out as special to me. Even Penn State hasn't been that great. I am not saying he will be like his predecessors from the Bellichick coaching tree but I think we all need to step back and take a deep breath. I hope McNair will go through the interview process with more candidates than Lovie and Wade before jumping to a conclusion this early that O'Brien is his man because I see nothing in his background that makes him that much of a "must have right now sign on the dotted line" coach.

I would like to see if the Texans could interview Ray Horton. Reports are he was angry when Arians got the job over him in Arizona so he wants to be a head coach badly. He is an outstanding defensive coordinator. I would also like to see them interview Dan Quinn, dc of the Seattle Seahawks. He is a good dc also. There is too much at stake here to jump into a quick emotional hire. This next coaching hire will impact the Texans for at least the next 5 years most likely because we all know of McNair's legendary patience. Lets hope he shows the same patience when it comes to hiring a new head coach.

I don't know who is the best coach for the Texans but I do know it would be wise to do more interviews than 3 before making a decision.
Yeah. I'm not sure that just because other teams want you is a reason to hire him. His record at PSU was short and he had success despite having lost a lot of talent.

I don't credit much he's done at New England since that wasn't his team. Brady is the OC of that team with Bellichek.

If he's the coach here, I hope he does well, but I'm not excited about him based on what I've seen so far.
hradhak is online now   Reply With Quote