View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013   #69
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 30145 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans plan to hire new coach by Tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
At this point I'm with Thomas Holley and won't believe that O'brien takes the job until we all see him sitting down with Bob McNair at a presser in Houston. Hell, O'brien doesn't even know what his other options might be until this week when the regular NFL season is over and the owners have completed their annual blood-letting. Their could be 3 or 4, maybe a half dozen job openings develope between now and Tuesday night.
I understand that many people on this board hate Houston, the Texans, McNair, Rick Smith, and every player on the team except AJ and JJ (both of whom you are convinced will demand to be traded).

Reality is the Texans HC job is as good or better than any NFL HC job that will be available. The Texans roster has a lot of high level talent. As much as SF or Seattle? No, but those jobsare not coming open. The owner is committed to winning, but not a meddler. If a $5000,000 hydronukeblastalaster will help you win, McNair will buy it for you. I know folks think McNair is a raving id!ot and a terrible judge of everything related to football because the Texans have not won a Super Bowl yet. But what about those "model franchises" theSteelers and the Patriots? How many years before they won their first championships? Maybe they snuck one in, but I'm thinking Steelers over 50 years, Patriots about 40.

If I was O'Brien I wouldn't let the hope of Oakland or Cleveland or Detroit cost me a job in Houston.