View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013   #331
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 28283 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans interested in Bill O'Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Would've rather had a proven NFL winning HC. But I really like the O'Brien hire. If he can talk Mangini into becoming his DC that would make me very happy.

I'm just glad BoB spent the $$$$ for a quality hire.
I also wanted Vince Lombardi or George Halas. Turns out they are not available. Most proven NFL HCs are either dead, retired, current coaching an NFL team, or proven losers.

I like the idea of O'Brien better than the usual retread (Lovie Smith, Crennel, Jason Garrett - oops got a couple of days ahead of the curve there). Years ago I would have liked Cowher but he's been away too long.

Don't worry. If the Texans hire O'Brien someday they will lose a game, or fail to get a first down, or some such failure and you will blame it all on BoB being too cheap.