View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013   #303
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 119055 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans interested in Bill O'Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
And both of them were out of work for more than 1 season before Gary hired them. More FoG if you ask me. I wish I knew a site that you could see what AC's have been paid throughout the yrs and the correlation between paying AC's vs winning teams.

Can you tell me what Sherman/Rhodes were paid PER yr while they were here? If not I think we are both jumping to conclusions. The fact that Sherman/Rhodes were out of work for multiple yrs before signing on with Gary leads me to believe they came on the cheap.
Sherman was fired by the Packers after the final game of the 2005 season (Jan. 1, 2006) and hired by the Texans on Feb. 15, 2006. That's about 6 weeks. Ray Rhodes was never on the market for any length of time either. After his health issues, he stayed on with the SeaHawks in a reduced role thru the 2007 season. He started with the Texans in the 2008 season.

You say we're both jumping to conclusions, and if you mean neither of us has objective, verifiable facts we can point/link to, then as I said before, yes - I agree with that. If by jumping to conclusions you mean stating things with no other reasoning or logic (beyond a couple of incorrect statements about how long the assistant coaches were out of work), then only one of us has done that.