View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013   #252
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107813 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans interested in Bill O'Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Gibbs was well paid and rightfully so, tell me was Sherman highly paid? I dont think so.

Was Rhodes highly paid? Probably not.
Well, it least we've already blown your "BoB has never paid for a top notch Asst coach, until Wade" assertion out of the water.

It must be nice to make such negative assumptions about folks simply because of what you wanted to think was true. If you've got any evidence (or even a logical line of reasoning) supporting why you think what you do, I'd love to hear it.

The fact of the matter is there's not going to be anything concrete that says what he was paid, but Sherman was coming off a 6 year stint as HC of the Packers that included 5 winning seasons, four trips to the playoffs, three NFC North divisional titles in a row, and a 57-43 regular season record. That sounds like someone who would have had some options, and that usually translates to dollars.

Rhodes had 5 years experience as an NFL HC- two of those years resulted in playoff teams, and one of them resulted in a trip to the NFC divisional title game. His last job prior to joining the Texans was as the DC for the Seahawks. His final two full seasons there, they'd been divisional winners, and had top 10 defenses (measured by yardage one year, and points allowed the other). He left Seattle because of health reasons. Again, no solid proof, but that strikes me as someone who would have had more than one team interested at the time he decided he was ready to return to NFL coaching.

At the time they were hired by the Texans, both guys had resumes and backgrounds that should have been desirable to more than a few NFL teams.