View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013   #219
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans interested in Bill O'Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I meant of the upcoming jobs for a first year head coach... I just don't think it's going to happen. I think for you to rule OBrien out for that is silly. I don't think he will ask for it and I don't think any team would grant it.
Many teams will grant it if they really like the guy they got. Hell, Denver granted it for McDaniels who butchered up an up and coming hot team when he was hired. Kubiak got it here, just because he wasn't Capers and because he sold Mcnair on his "system" where he needed all of these Denver guys initially. BB has full control as well, but if he didn't have Brady his NE teams wouldn't be anywhere near as good, but he has kept control because of his success even though he really isn't that great as a GM. He is probably average. Guys get control for all different types of reasons, but NFL owners will give it up to the coach if they truly believe in their vision.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote