View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013   #197
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 123205 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans interested in Bill O'Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Yes there is some supposition on my part. It is based on fact that I have never heard of any perspective head coach say, pay me a couple of million less than I can negotiate and give me as little control over the roster and players as possible. To the contrary, basic human behavior indicates perspective head coaches will want to make as much money as possible with as much control over players and rosters as they can get. That's what makes them attractive head coaches.

When you interview for perspective jobs do you tell your interviewer to pay you less than you can make and that you want less accountability with no responsibilities?

Unless the front office has reversed course since whining to NFLN about coaches having to much control, I have no reason to believe this position has changed.
So, in other words, you don't have a clue...

I seriously doubt that any first time NFL head coaching candidate anywhere has walked into a job interview and told the prospective employer that he demanded complete and utter control of all football operations.. " OR I'LL STAY AT PODUNK U!!!!!"
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote