View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013   #44
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NastyNate's mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
When McCarron is getting comparisons to a less-athletic Matt Cassel, things don't look great.
how about when he is compared to Brady?

"The college scouting director of an AFC club suggested just that possibility to NFL Media reporter Albert Breer, and compared the fifth-year senior's skill set to New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.

Week 14: Things we learned
From Jeremy Gallon helping to revive Michigan's offense vs. Ohio State to David Fales outdueling Derek Carr, here are the lessons we learned in Week 14 of college football. More ...
His assessment of the Crimson Tide senior:

"Good size, outstanding touch on all throws, can make all the throws but only has average arm strength. Average running ability but very good feet and movement in the pocket to avoid sacks. Outstanding progression-read quarterback, makes throws to his second and third reads consistently. Doesn't turn the ball over. Winner. Mentally tough. Has the moxie and cockiness most great QBs have. Very similar to Tom Brady in stature, athletic ability, arm strength, touch and the most important category -- wins."http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000291624/article/highlevel-nfl-scout-compares-aj-mccarron-to-tom-brady

I would say his arm is not a cannon but only one or two stand out to me Mettenberger and Mariota come to mind. However, AJ does everything else right. Why not instead of saying he is only a game manager, put him behind a better Oline that we have to build anyway?