View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013   #50
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What We Look Like Next Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Agree with you on OD but why do we need to give Watt a contract? IIRC you have said this before but not why when he is under contract for 2014 & we can franchise tag him for at least two additional seasons cheaper than a mega deal would pay him? I'm not sure but maybe what we should have done with Cushing.
Maybe you're right. Time will tell. I doubt I'm wrong though, there are certain players in every organization you don't yank around w/ franchise tags, and there are guys that you do (guys you don't generally see as an integral part of your team's future... and kickers). Most of the integral guys that get tagged: Calais Campbell, Ray Rice, Drew Brees, Matt Forte, etc. all got their long term mega contracts before their respective seasons started whereas the guys that didn't get that extension mostly all parted ways Wes Welker, Brent Grimes, Cliff Avril, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Disagree he is useless in other offenses.

Man those sticks must be a long way off. OD averages 12 ypr. Two-thirds of his receptions are for 1st downs.
I'll be incredibly shocked if he catches anything like or better than 45/450/4 anywhere in the NFL next year. I'll be incredibly shocked if his days aren't numbered the year after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
My answer would be C and draft somebody like Murray in the 4th if available, if not pass ondrafting a QB this yr. Even if they drafted a QB in the 3rd/4th this yr I make it a priority to trade up and get one of the 2015 QB's to compete with Murray.
I pray C never comes up. I can't do 4 years of Cleveland Brown football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Since 2000, there have been two, or three(depending on where you rate Bradford), draft classes that have not produced at least one, good starting QB...

There are about 7 teams that will enter the off-season determined to find a starting QB. The texans, due to their draft position, have an advantage over all of those teams. Also, jokes about the Texan organization aside, these are bad organizations we will compete against: TB, Minn, Jack, Clev, etc.... An environment this advantageous to address the most coveted position in the NFL is very rare. The Texans must take advantage of it... Perhaps that means trading some picks this year for picks next year... My guess, though, is there are a few NFL quality QBs in this draft. The new staff will need to identify who they are, grab one or two of them, and then successfully develop him/them.
Well stated.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote