View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013   #112
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Clowney, then what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If need be the Texans can clear almost $40MM this offseason. They most likely won't but if the right player/situation presents itself, they can do it easily without adding any more "significant" holes to the team.

Cutler is not the long term answer. But if Bob is in win now mode it is the most obvious move if Cutler hits the market. If we sign him to a 1 year deal (which I think we will) it would be unlikely that we would draft Bridgewater #1 overall, but it doesn't mean we're ignoring the QB of the future all together.

Only that Bridgewater at 1 overall doesn't fit their plans.
I agree to an extent. This team has more holes than most fans realize or want to acknowledge. Cutler won't take this team any farther than it has gone before. I would rather rebuild this thing than play around with Cutler or any other mid level QB. I understand that is ultimately up to Bob but I'm hoping he doesn't set us back even further by pretending that a FA QB is going to take us anywhere.

I would be okay with Cutler for one year. But if I'm him or his agent, I'm not signing a one year deal.

If our new staff truly does their homework and decides that our future QB isn't in this draft, then I will trust them. But I fear Bob's "win now" plan will leave us stuck in 8-8 no man's land for a few years.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote