View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013   #49
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What We Look Like Next Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
My answer would be C and draft somebody like Murray in the 4th if available, if not pass ondrafting a QB this yr. Even if they drafted a QB in the 3rd/4th this yr I make it a priority to trade up and get one of the 2015 QB's to compete with Murray.

Rick will do A

I would be fine with B.

Sign Terrance Cody in FA, he should be a reasonable signing. Then draft Clowney in the 1st and Carrethers in the 4th and you've fixed the DL/added a prmier pass rusher and then you can go to work on the OL.
Since 2000, there have been two, or three(depending on where you rate Bradford), draft classes that have not produced at least one, good starting QB...

There are about 7 teams that will enter the off-season determined to find a starting QB. The texans, due to their draft position, have an advantage over all of those teams. Also, jokes about the Texan organization aside, these are bad organizations we will compete against: TB, Minn, Jack, Clev, etc.... An environment this advantageous to address the most coveted position in the NFL is very rare. The Texans must take advantage of it... Perhaps that means trading some picks this year for picks next year... My guess, though, is there are a few NFL quality QBs in this draft. The new staff will need to identify who they are, grab one or two of them, and then successfully develop him/them.