View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013   #39
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NastyNate's mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Jordan Najvar is that type TE that you're looking for and he should be available in the 5th due to past injuries and the offense he played in.

Kinda like the TE Wilson from Rice that the Seahawks drafted late. last yr

I would also take a risk on a guy liike Lyerla in the 6-7th rd.
I'll tell you the TE I really wanted last year played right here @ Rice, Vance McDonald. San Francisco drafted him, in the 2nd rd. even though they have Vernon Davis. 6040 267 he has developed his blocking skills into asset both in run & passing game. He also gives them a measure of insurance in case something befalls Davis. The steal of the draft and I missed on him, is Washington Jordan Reed, late 3rd rd. all he's done is have 45 catches, 500 yards & three TD's in a dysfunctional offense while playing though nagging injury's.

I've struggled with making another TE selection, really hard with unknown new regime. Should be easier task once announced, but as several on the board already mention his name frequently I might just as well go ahead & add my endorsement as well for CJ Fiedorowiez, Iowa. Big frame, 6060 265+ stout blocker with surprisingly soft hands. Despite lack of production this past year, 26 receptions compared to 45 his Junior season it should only help his sleeper status so even though he is 2nd rd. talent he will be there in the 3rd if Texans so choose. My issue is that Texans have so many issues how do you reconcile & draft a TE over a RT here?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote