View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013   #79
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 16277 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Clowney, then what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
You've gotta pay regardless.

Somehow teams like the 49ers/Lions /Bears/Packers/Bengals/Ravens/Vikings back in the day seem to be able to keep their talented DLs together and still pay top notch $$$$ to their QB's.

This is part of the problem Rick has, not being able to effectively manage the cap.

If you want to look for excuses to draft Bridgewater over Clowney/Barr etc... you're going to have to look harder than this.
It is a very good debate. I'll give you that. Unless your QB magically rises to the occasion like Flacco or Eli, I just don't think two great DE will get your far in the playoffs. A Tom Brady-like quick release will send you home. I think everyone here has seen that.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote