Thread: Kiper 2014
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013   #33
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kiper 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Merry Christmas

If there were a franchise QB in this draft then I would be all in on drafting a QB.

I'm in the trade down camp also if they can remain in the top 5-7. In any trade I want a 2015 1st.
Until proven otherwise, I will maintain at least two out of the top three (Bridgewater, Bortles, Manziel) & a third (dark horse now) franchise QB's in this draft at minimum but do you really want to take that chance?. Odds are against all three top prospects panning out depending on situation or unforeseen factors.

Lets just look @ Texan position. Manziel stands best chance of making instant impact because of his mobility, pocket presence, ability to extend plays & shoulder media/on field pressure. My reservation about him is not so much immaturity off the field as will be his durability. He will have to be smarter & avoid contact much as possible, know he will get tagged & miss some time. Keenum would make a great tandem back-up the offense will not deviate a whole lot long as Texans have a more healthy back-field. This would allow Texans to trade down.

Bortles will struggle if Texans don't fix offensive line & running game. Strongest arm of group with ability to throw long ball, good pocket presence but more a pocket QB. Would be a good fit if Texans change to power scheme, ball control offense like Pittsburgh or Baltimore. Looks like a bell cow franchise QB, size, arm, leadership ability.

Bridgewater would be exceptional spread offense QB like Chip Kelly runs in Philadelphia or Art Briles runs @ Baylor (is he a head coaching option for Texans?). Teddy could also fit in Pro-Style set which trumps the group because of his diversity to play in different packages. He is my clear consensus #1 overall pick but if Texans get a great trade offer & new coach has someone else in mind who he could plug in & play they you might get your wish

It is Christmas after all

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote