View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013   #142
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 56179 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans interested in Bill O'Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I can't think of a worse fit than a Ryan in the Texan organization. Ryan as an assistant would be a disaster with a first time coach like O'Brien.
As a DC Rex was fine, it was when he became HC that his antics were a problem. No matter what happened his Jets defenses were always top half of the league. Put him back at DC and let him focus on that, WATCH OUT.

And for those who say he gets a head coach job immediately, I doubt it. There are tons of HC options out there and there are lots more BETTER candidates at HC than Rex. I think he has to take a DC job for a few years before becoming HC again.