View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013   #141
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans interested in Bill O'Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Penn State runs a "pro" offense. The QB while highly recruited, had a really good 1st year and one the WRs is a 1st/2nd round candidate.

The buyout is a real issue because the pure dollars involved, but even post-scandal Penn State is the college football program of the entire northeast/new England state area and is probably the equal of the Longhorns job...i.e. better than a good portion of the NFL.
Nonsense. Penn State isn't the Big Program you think it is. And hasn't been for a while. It is not UT, or USC, or Alabama. The Penn State job is not better than a good portion of the NFL; the NFL is the NFL. Period.

And, no, Penn State does not run a "pro" offense; it's a college. it runs a college offense.

The buyout is pennies. We can afford it. We can afford anyone we want.

Look, I'm on board for O'Brien, but, I'm being real about the fact that he has NEVER been an NFL head coach. Two years at a big school does not mean he's the great coach everyone thinks he is...
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote