View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013   #41
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Value of first pick in 2014 Draft for Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Well, I don`t watch much college football, so I don`t know what Im talking about here - but Ive read some very high praise about Bridgewater. As high as "outside of Luck he is the best college QB prospect of the last 10 years."

The combine will tell a lot, but of course you don`t take him, if you are not convinced in his ability.

But when you like him you take him, even if you think Clowney or Matthews is the better player - simply because a QB is that much harder to get and more valuable. I am sure the Texans go in this draft wanting to get a QB and hoping, that there is one they feel good about.

And I am sure that there will be offers for the first pick - some team will love Bridgewater or Clowney and be ready to offer 2 firsts and a second for him at the least...
This philosopy is why the Texans are where they are today.

Derek Carr is the most talented QB physicaly in this draft. I Really..... hope Rick picks a used Carr.

Same philosophy?

Pick the best damn player for once and fix the trenches. My god some people never learn.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote