View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013   #140
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans interested in Bill O'Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
I'd be interested in O'Brien, but there are a couple of things I worry about. His success with NE doesn't mean much to me since Brady and Bellichek are all that's need there.

What kind of offense is he running at Penn State? Are they running the spread or a pro style offense
Penn State runs a "pro" offense. The QB while highly recruited, had a really good 1st year and one the WRs is a 1st/2nd round candidate.

The buyout is a real issue because the pure dollars involved, but even post-scandal Penn State is the college football program of the entire northeast/new England state area and is probably the equal of the Longhorns job...i.e. better than a good portion of the NFL.